"Charged and Commanded"
“Charged and Commanded”
The Lord, through His Spirit writing through Paul, gives direct commands to Timothy...and to us…
1 Timothy 6:13-14
13 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14 that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
We are charged…
- in the Presence of God
- who gives life to all things. Think on that. God gives life to all. Good or evil. The source of all life is the Most High God. This truth should guide how we treat life.
- in the Presence of Christ Jesus
- Who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate
- Jesus was faithful in His testimony
We are commanded...
- keep the commandment
- without stain
- without reproach
- until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ
(I knew that middle school diagramming stuff would come in handy&hellip
The charge from the Most High is to keep the commandment.
We are to keep it without stain and reproach.
We are to keep it until the appearing of the Lord.
So, what is the commandment?