"As A Result..."
“As A Result…”
As you have seen, Ephesians gives vast, detailed revelation as to who we are in the Lord and how we, True Believers, are designed to function together.
We have seen…
- God has given...and continues to give...individuals gifted by the Holy Spirit
- God has given these for the equipping of the saints
- The saints are equipped for the work of service...for the building up of the Body of Christ
- This continues until we all attain to the unity of faith...until the fulness of Christ
There are further results...
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
The result of the Church being equipped in the manner that the Lord designed is that we…
- will no longer be children...in faith, in behavior, in understanding, etc.
- will no longer be tossed about by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine. This means that we will know the Word. We know error and deceit when it is presented. We will stand firm in the doctrine of the Truth of the Lord.
- will not be tricked by men.
- will not be susceptible to crafty, deceitful scheming.
These things will continue to assail...scheming, craftiness, every changing winds/waves of the doctrine of man/demons, childish behavior of those who refuse to mature in the Lord.
But, we can stand against such...if we will “do it” God’s way.
Doing things in the manner of the Lord would require major changes in the most portions of the Bod of Christ.
Are we willing?
Let’s do it...