Are you preparing?
Preparing for what?
Difficult, difficult times are immediately ahead of us.
- the current “economic crisis” is deepening. Do not believe the phrase of the day - “green shoots”. We are experiencing a “false rebound”, much like occurred in the 1920s-30. More economic chaos is on the horizon. Nearly one hundred trillion in unfunded mandates in our nation alone. You think the “housing crisis” is bad? Wait until the commercial property hits. Derivatives are a $500 trillion nightmare of which most people are unaware.
- officially, unemployment is around 9.5%. The actual figure today is somewhere around 15-18%. This will increase dramatically.
- food shortages will soon occur. Food riots will take place.
- diseases will increase...this is already occurring in many metro areas.
- political chaos will increase
- varied forms of secession and reorganization will occur
- chaos and terror are just over the horizon
- gangs will increase...already more than one million are involved in such
- there will be an increasing demarcation between the true Body of Christ and the “false professors”… believers vs. deceived; wheat vs. tares.
I believe that we are seeing the beginning of all these.
I believe that they will be in full bloom within 2-3 years.
We are bearing, and will continue to do so, the fruit of the evil deceptions of 1787, 1850-60’s, 1913, 2008-2009 and the like.
But, we should rejoice that the Lord has called us to this time.
We are to be the salt of the earth.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
We are to be the light of the world.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
The Lord has brought each of us to this point for such a time as this...
14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Our hope is not in man and his strategies and answers.
Our hope is in the Lord.
7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
We must have a Warrior mentality…though not in the manner of the world.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
We must aggressive seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
We must consistently pursue holiness.
1 Thess 4:7
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
We must always die to self.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
We must live and breathe and have our very being in the Lord alone.
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
We must trust the Lord.
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
We must be obedient.
2 Cor 10:5-6
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Take a couple of questions before the Lord...
Are you preparing...in the spirit...dying to self...in the Word...living completely and totally in the Spirit, or, are you still exhibiting patterns and practices of the world?
Ask the Lord to purge you of all attitudes, thoughts, concepts, understandings, etc. that are not truth from Him.
Are you allowing all things to be used of God as a “training ground” for that which is yet to come?
Ask the Lord to use you today and in the darker days yet to come.
The Lord is with us!
We will shine as the stars in the firmament.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
We know the outcome. What? You do not know. Immerse yourself in the Word…
Press on and fear not for the Lord our God is with us!!
Today’s reading from the “So That’s Why” Bible consists of pp. 1285-1290.