13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility
15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,
16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.
We saw yesterday that now we are in Christ Jesus, brought near to Father by the blood of Christ.
The next word? “For…”
For, He Himself is our peace.
The Lord is The Source of all Peace.
In this particular passage there is a specific peace that is being referenced - the removal of enmity between the Jew and the Gentile.
- made both one
- broken down in His flesh the dividing wall of hostility
- abolished the law of commandments expressed in ordinance
- created in Himself One New Man from the two...in place of the two...the Jew, the Gentile
- made peace
- reconciled both to God through His Body on the cross
- thereby killed the hostility
By faith and the blood both Jew and Gentile are one...when they Believe.