"Futile of Mind...They Are..."
“Futile of Mind...They Are…”
We are not to walk in the manner of the Gentiles…
- in futility of mind
- in sin
- in pursuit of selfish fulfillments
Look at what happens when one lives in the futility of mind.
18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.
19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
- darkened in their understanding
- alienated from the life of God. Why? Because of the ignorance that is in them.
- hard of heart. This is what led to the ignorance.
- given up to sensuality...they did this to themselves.
- greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
You see a similar description in Romans 1.
People who pursue the mind and the desire of the soul will find themselves living this type of life. Greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
Those who pursue the Kingdom will find that the Lord will use their mind and soul in a way beyond anything possible in the flesh.
The question is simple.
Will we pursue the Kingdom?
Will we pursue the futility of the mind?