This passage bears reflection for the balance of our lives.
Read once again.
Look at the big picture.
Who were we before…?
Who are we now…?
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air,
of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh,
indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind,
and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
even when we were dead in our transgressions,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
- Dead in trespasses
- Dead in sins
- Walking according to the course/pattern of the world
- Walking according to the “prince of the power of the air”… satan
- Walking according to the spirit of the sons of disobedience…sons of God that rebelled against God?
- Lived in the lusts of our flesh
- Indulged the desires of the flesh
- Indulged the desires of the mind
- By nature children of wrath
Who we are…as True Believers…
- Made alive together with Christ
- Saved by grace
- Raised up with Christ
- Seated with Father in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus
- Recipients of the grace and kindness of the Lord
This is who we are.
Give “The Word” podcast a listen.
Click the Podbean link below.