"Mystery of Christ"
“Mystery of Christ”
Paul has previously referenced it.
Now, he explains.
1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—
2 if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace which was given to me for you;
3 that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.
4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;
6 to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel,
7 of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God’s grace which was given to me according to the working of His power.
The mystery of Christ.
- unknown to other generations. That is what a Biblical mystery is. A Truth unknown, hidden to a previous time. It had not been made known to them.
- now revealed to the Lord’s holy Apostles and prophets...in the Spirit
- specifically? The Gentiles are fellow heirs, fellow members of the body
- the Gentiles are fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel
This mystery is seen in Genesis...chapter 12 and forward…when the Lord tells Abraham that all the nations would be blessed through him.
How this blessing would manifest was a mystery.
Now we know.
Believers...Jew and Gentile...One Body in the Lord.
Paul then acknowledges who he is, how…
- to the gift of God’s grace
- to the working of His power
- that was given to him
What are we doing?