We continue with the prayer of Nehemiah, the Levites and the assembled people.
Give close heed to the repeated phrase “you gave/made”…
“You also gave them kingdoms and peoples,
And allotted them to them as a boundary.
They took possession of the land of Sihon the king of Heshbon
And the land of Og the king of Bashan.
“You made their sons numerous as the stars of heaven,
And You brought them into the land
Which You had told their fathers to enter and possess.
“So their sons entered and possessed the land.
And You subdued before them the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites,
And You gave them into their hand, with their kings and the peoples of the land,
To do with them as they desired.
The people knew what the Lord had done for them through the forefathers.
- Gave them kingdoms and peoples…as He had promised
- Gave allotted boundaries (a very interesting study)
- Gave them possession of the land of Sihon and Og…amazing how they were victorious over the mighty giants
- Made their sons as numerous as the stars in heaven…as He had promised Abram, et. al.
- Brought them into the land…as He had promised to Abram, et. al.
- Subdued the inhabitants of the land before them
- Gave them the land
Israel is upon a portion of that land today.
Not all of it, but some.
The Lord does the same today for every Believer.
He gives what we need…as He desires.
He makes things happen.
He brings us “into the land” that He has for us.
Let us rest and trust in Him.
Let us resist doing things in our own flesh and ability.