"Fornicators, Idolaters, Adulterers"
“Fornicators, Idolaters, Adulterers”
Such were some of us.
Dare I say, most of us?
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
A plain truth that is often ignored.
Who are the unrighteous?
Among them are those who practice the deeds in this passage.
Fornicators - pornos
- a man who prostitutes his body to another's lust for hire
- a male prostitute
- a man who indulges in unlawful sexual intercourse, a fornicator
- one involved in sexual relations outside of marriage
Idolaters - eidōlolatrēs
- worshipper of false gods
- worshipper of anything other than the Most High God
Adulterers - moichos
- married person involved in sexual relationship with other than spouse
- faithless toward God
Note how many of these are sexual sins.
Be not deceived.
Such will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Be not such.