"We Are To…"
“We Are To…”
We continue to examine the “how” of OneAnother…
10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;
11 not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
13 contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
Look at the actions involved…
Look to who/where/how the action is directed…
We are to…
- be devoted...to OneAnother...in brother love
- give preference...to OneAnother...in honor
- be diligent...not lagging behind
- be fervent...in spirit
- serve...the Lord
- rejoice...in hope
- persevere...in tribulation
- be devoted...to prayer
- contribute...to the needs (not greeds) of the saints
Let us ask ourselves if we do so…
If we live this way, the world will be drawn to the Lord.
Well, we see that already…
- people leaving the fellowship of the church
- people refusing to gather with the Body
They see the hypocrisy.
Live this way and hypocrisy will be crushed.