We were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ.
We have been joined to Christ who was raised from the dead.
This is how we bear fruit.
Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
Now, read who we are…
For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
- in the flesh
- in sinful passions
- aroused by the Law. The Law made us aware of the sin in our lives...what was sin.
- bearing fruit of death because the sinful passions were working in the member of our body
We are now…
- released from the Law
- dead to that which bound us...sinful passions
- serving in the newness Spirit
- not serving in the oldness of the letter of the Law
The “now” life of the Spirit is that which the Lord designed for each of us.
Empowered by the Spirit.
Which life are you living?
Are you bound by the religious practices of the Law?
Are you fulfilling the Law by the Life of the Spirit?